To write a business plan, you will need to be able to answer some vital questions. The first questions aren’t all that tough and are absolutely essential to your business success.
Grab a notebook and do some brainstorming to answer the following questions. It may not be formal, but the responses will give you an idea of where your business is going.
- What is your business idea?
- What are your goals for starting this business?
- Who are your customers?
- How is your business different?
- Who are your competitors?
- How much money do you need to start-up?
- How much do you plan to make in revenue for the first year?
- Where are you going to get the start-up funds?
- How will you measure the success of your new business?
- What are the key milestones for your business?
About the author: The Business Girl is Terri Sullivan Biehn. I have been a professional business writer and management consultant for more than fifteen years. As a management consultant, I work with entrepreneurs to develop business plans and other documents. Through my consulting practice, I coach entrepreneurs and small business owners on their general start-up, marketing, financial, operational and management issues.